ONLINE PROGRAM DELIVERY
College’s Mission Statement
“Train and equip students in spiritual Christian values, preparing them for service to Church and community, through biblical instruction, vocational training, and general education within the context of the Pentecostal-Apostolic tradition.”
In February 2014, at the ABHE Annual Meeting, W. L. Bonner College made a decision to temporarily, and, voluntarily, withdraw from the accredited status, transitioning to the affiliate status, giving one year to enhance its financial stability. The College is seeking reinstatement for 2015.
- WLBC Letter of Withdrawal Feb 2014 (PDF)
- ABHE Action Response Letter Feb 2014 (PDF)
- WLBC Decision on Accreditation to Stakeholders Feb 2014 (PDF)
W. L. Bonner College (WLBC) offers programs at the certificate, associate, and bachelor levels, in five major programs (Biblical Studies, Global Cross-Cultural Ministries, Pastoral Ministries, Women’s Ministries, and Youth Ministries). Since the College’s inception in 1995, graduates have acquired full-time positions in local congregations, received elevation in their denomination, and both ministry and market place positions as Christian educators, chaplains in hospitals, correctional institutions, and school athletic programs. More than seventy-five of graduates in the Bachelor degree programs have gone on to pursue Master’s level degrees, with approximately 10 percent obtaining doctoral level degrees.
The purpose of the online degree program is to provide access to the College’s degree program for those students who are unable to communicate to campus. The purpose of the biblical studies program is to develop Biblical studies skills for teaching in local congregations, denominational institutions, and public or Christian schools in North America and overseas.
The Online Bachelor of Religious Studies degree, in Biblical Studies, has both educational and leadership components
The program seeks to enhance instructional leadership skills and abilities, among existing Christian educators, who serve in Church, school, and other educational settings.
The program seeks those students who are engaged in family ministry, church vocations, and professional life, while participating in the Bachelor of Religious Studies program.
THE HYBRID PROGRAM DELIVERY AT W. L. BONNER COLLEGE
Non-traditional studies WLBC include three programs. Through the online program, students may pursue the Bachelor of Religious Studies degree, with a focus in Biblical Studies. This is the only program through which students may pursue online. Though it targets those students residing outside the state of South Carolina, in particular, there are only 27 other states from which WLBC may currently recruit for this online program.
Through the Institute hybrid, students may pursue programs at the certificate, associate, and bachelor levels. Students assemble on campus for one week each month, for four months, constituting a semester.
The Saturday Institute hybrid meets on campus one Saturday per month for four months. Students may enroll in certificate, associate and bachelor levels programs, in the Institute and Saturday Institute programs;
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS AND APPLICATION PROCESS
- Completion of the full application process as listed under the Application Process;
- Applicants must submit with the application a personal testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, describing their personal spiritual journey;
- Admission will be limited to 25 to 30 applicants per class;
- Preferred applicants will be those engaged in a teaching ministry or non-profit leadership role or those applicants who show exceptional promise for such a role in the future;
- Applicants must have earned a high school diploma of GED, with transcript evidence;
- Applicants must hold a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50 in previous academic course work;
- Applicants under the age of 28 must have taken the SAT and ACT examinations;
- Applicants whose first language is not English must attain a minimum test score of 600 on the paper-based TOEFL General Test (250 on the computer-based exam in or 1,000 for the internet-based test) or an equivalent demonstration of the ability to read, write and do academic research in standard English;
- Applicant must submit all of the following forms as part of the application process outlined below:
- Official transcripts from all secondary and post-secondary schools attended
- Three confidential reference forms (1 professional, 1 pastoral, and 1 personal) using the Recommendation forms for each.
In order to complete an application to this program, the applicant will need to complete the following six tasks:
- Complete the application and include the $30 non-refundable application fee, made payable to W. L. Bonner College;
- Submit additional documents:
- Official transcripts of all academic course work from secondary and postsecondary institutions attended
- Three recommendations for Admission forms (Professional, Pastoral, and Personal);
- Complete Standardized Testing
- Students under age 28 must take and present test scores for the SAT and Act
- Applicants whose first language is not English must also submit scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language exam (TOEFL).
- Complete autobiographical profile;
Students must submit a 2-page biographical sketch which includes the following:
- Christian conversion
- Reasons for seeking admissions to the BRS in Biblical Studies
- Current ministry and occupational responsibilities (educational and leadership tasks, in particular)
- Detailed listing of previous ministry and/or experiences indicating the significant tasks and leadership responsibilities, if any
- A list of four non-family references
Applicants will be notified of the admissions decision within three weeks after all application materials are received. Three decisions are possible:
- Full Acceptance – The student is fully accepted with no deficiencies or leveling requirements.
- Acceptance with Probation – The student is accepted into the program with admissions academic deficiencies identified, with a demonstrated need for remedial requirements.
- Delay – The student may receive an application delay. This may be due to any situation that prevents the student from attending the first program year. Delayed status students will not have to reapply to the program but must pay the program down payment fee.
- Declined – The student who is declined will be notified by mail or email.
In order to graduate with the Bachelor of Religious Studies in Biblical Studies from W. L. Bonner College, the student must have fulfilled all of the following:
Completion of minimum 42 hours of Bible/Theology
Completion of minimum 124 total semester credit hours
Demonstration of Christian character
Fulfillment of Christian Ministry Requirements
Completion of a minimum cumulative 2.0 grade point average (GPA)
Fulfillment of all financial obligations to W. L. Bonner College
FINANCIAL INFORMATION ON NON-TRADITIONAL PROGRAM DELIVERY AT
W. L. BONNER COLLEGE
|Non-refundable Application Fee||$30|
|Enrollment/Registration (Per Semester)||$75|
|Tuition||$286 Per Credit Hour/$3,432 (12 credit hours)|
|Textbooks||Vary depending upon the subject|
|TOTAL PROGRAM PER SEMESTER||$3,762 (plus textbooks)|